WHO ARE THOSE TWO BLACK GIRLS IN TECH TRAVELING THE WORLD?
Hosted by: W.E. Da'Cruz & Naomi Cook
• Appointed by the White House’s US Secretary of Commerce to the District Export Council in eastern Michigan.
• Secured more than $30K+ grant to travel to countries like Malawi, Ghana and Uganda to teach digital technology to entrepreneurs.
• Helped a Ghanaian-based beauty business increase average monthly sales from $2.5K to $15K by selling globally.
• Helped a Ghanaian-based ministry reach and engage new US followers and raise more than $500K in donations online.
• Helped launch a London-based ministry online to reach and engage Kenyan-based followers and raise thousands in donations.
• Helped launch a California-based ministry online and raised more than $400K in donations.
• Launched a three-way partnership with the University of Michigan and a global shipping courier to provide market research to more than 30 African-based entrepreneurs.
• Invited to speak at high level events, such as the US-Africa Business Summit (Maputo, Mozambique), World Export Development Forum (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia), Africa Fintech Summit 2019 (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia), and DHL eCommerce Conference (Accra, Ghana, West Africa).
• Awarded the “Employer of the Year” by the University of Michigan-Dearborn in 2018.